Reports To: Chair of The Catoctin Foundation’s Board of Directors
Status: Full-Time, Salaried
FLSA Designation: Exempt
Compensation: Depending on experience
Benefits: Health, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off, 401(k)
Work Location: Leesburg, Virginia
Are you excited to help under-served people in the community? If so, this may be a great opportunity for you! As Executive Director of Loudoun Free Clinic (LFC), you’ll lead a dynamic, well-qualified team of professionals and volunteers who share the common goal of ensuring low-income, un-insured residents of Loudoun County have access to comprehensive primary and specialty health care. If you share our calling to help our neighbors get the high-quality preventive and responsive medical services they need and deserve, you have experience with managing teams, operations, and fundraising initiatives, and thrive in a fast-paced, culturally diverse environment, this position could be exactly what you’re looking for!
Access to high-quality health care is essential to everyone, no matter their circumstances. Many of our neighbors cannot afford to pay for the food, housing, medical care, and other critical needs they have, may not be able to take time off work to see a doctor, or face other barriers to attending to their health. LFC helps address these issues by providing free primary and specialty care services to all eligible Loudoun County residents, empowering them to take greater control of their lives.
This is an opportunity to run an organization that makes a major impact on people’s lives and on the community. In addition, LFC offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off, and a 401(k) program. The environment is dynamic, exciting, and fast-paced, and you will enjoy a high degree of independence in operating the clinic. You will also be integrally involved in forming and implementing our strategic direction.
To be successful as Executive Director of LFC, you will need at least the following education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least five years of experience managing people to successfully deliver expected results, through teams comprising staff and/or volunteers with diverse backgrounds performing different functions.
- Exposure to the principles and techniques of large-scale fundraising (e.g., soliciting corporate sponsors and major donors, event planning) through hands-on experience, training, or a combination thereof.
- Two years managing business finances such as developing and managing a budget, reporting, ensuring policy compliance, coordinating audits, etc.
While not required, a bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Health Care Administration and/or experience managing outpatient clinical operations (clinics, physician practices, etc.) is helpful in performing the job functions.
Examples representative of your responsibilities as LFC Executive Director include:
- Work with development staff to design and execute fundraising campaigns and initiatives
- Retain and grow contributions from current major donors and sponsors
- Identify prospects, develop solicitation strategies, lead meetings, etc. to secure new donors/sources of revenue
- Conceptualize, plan, and carry out special fundraising events with Board support
- Develop and issue press releases to keep the public informed and engaged, and raise the profile of Loudoun Free Clinic’s work
- Serve as the primary clinic point of contact for media interviews, profiles, etc.
- Identify, organize, participate in, and/or present at high-visibility community events
- Design and implement strategies to communicate services to eligible populations
- Maintain clinic accreditation, as well as professional, business, and other licenses
- Prepare and submit required government, stakeholder, grantor, and other reports
- Lead and/or coordinate the procurement process for necessary equipment and capital
- Prepare and present monthly reports to the Board of Directors
- Maintain strong relationships with key industry associations and partners
- Represent and advocate on behalf of LFC to local and state government representatives
- Develop partnerships benefitting the clinic and its current and prospective patients
- Network and collaborate with other non-profit and government service providers
- Manage implementation of and meet objectives in the clinic’s existing strategic plan
- Resolve or escalate, with recommended resolutions, strategic issues and risks
- Monitor demographic, economic, health, and other relevant community trends
- Participate in workshops, meetings, etc. to update the strategic plan, as needed
- Lead development of the annual budget for Board approval
- Monitor the budget, forecast, analyze, and proactively address variances, etc.
- Make purchasing decisions in alignment with the budget and clinic policies
- Coordinate and support LFC’s participation in annual financial audits
- Identify staffing needs, develop fill strategies, and make sound hiring decisions
- Manage assigned staff through feedback, evaluations, rewards, corrective actions, etc.
- Ensure staff and volunteers receive continuous professional development
- Monitor and build staff and volunteer commitment, morale, and job satisfaction
- Ensure operational efficiency and high standards of service quality
- Identify opportunities, design and implement improvements, etc.
- Employ data analytics to monitor and manage clinic operations
- Develop and expand upon volunteer medical provider relationships
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- You will need to be able to demonstrate, at a minimum, the following competencies. LFC may also evaluate candidates for additional knowledge, skills, and abilities in resume reviews, interviews, etc.
Making “The Ask”
- Ability and willingness to assertively ask stakeholders, existing and prospective donors, etc. for what the clinic needs
- Skills to clearly convey complex information, verbally and in writing, to instruct, inform, influence, etc.
- Ability to identify potentially productive contacts and confidently interact to develop relationships
Organization and Discipline
- Ability to prioritize, execute, and manage simultaneous tasks, and self-motivate to meet deadlines
- Ability to think “big picture,” identifying needs, conditions, etc., and develop creative solutions
- Knowledge of budget development and management, forecasting, and reading financial reports
- Ability to use reason and logic to identify and assess variables, and define and select from options
- Ability to make sound, timely decisions on a range of impactful issues, with little or no guidance
- Ability to provide effective direction to and oversight of staff, and resolve issues and conflicts
- Ability to build, motivate, and guide teams, often comprising members with varying roles, skills, etc.
- Ability to recognize and interact appropriately with people of diverse backgrounds and life experiences.
- Ability to relate and respond to patients’ needs and circumstances with respect and compassion
- Applied knowledge of the principles involved in running a sustainable, cost-effective organization
- Applied knowledge of basic methods used to compile, process, analyze, and interpret data
- Skills to use MS Office for medium-complexity tasks, and quickly learn data management applications
As Executive Director, you will be working on-site at the clinic facility in Leesburg, Virginia. However, since the job includes significant fundraising, networking, and relationship-building, you will also be expected to go off-site to visit stakeholders, attend community events (some of which may be after normal work hours or on weekends), etc. You must have ready access to a reliable vehicle.
This job requires sitting, using hands, stooping, kneeling, crouching, talking and hearing, seeing close objects, recognizing colors, adjusting focus, etc., and to lift and/or move up to ten pounds. LFC may make reasonable accommodations, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Ashley Hunnicutt at email@example.com
You may send questions to this e-mail address as well. LFC is an equal opportunity employer.
Loudoun Free Clinic is a primary care office in Leesburg, VA. We are professional, rewarding, inclusive, and our mission is to provide healthcare services for Loudoun County residents who, as a result of economic or other barriers, would otherwise go without.
Loudoun Free Clinic is seeking a full time Medical Assistant to join our team providing top-quality care to patients in our busy adult primary care office in Leesburg, VA. Clinical duties include but are not limited to rooming patients, taking vitals, assisting with minor office procedures, administering medication per provider orders, preparing of specimens for reference labs, assisting with patient education, coordinating with pharmacies and specialty offices to ensure quality patient care.
Administrative duties include but are not limited to using Athena EHR to accurately document patient information, ensuring adequate stock of medical supplies, assisting at the front desk when needed to check in patients, schedule appointments, sending recalls, etc.
- Bilingual (Spanish) strongly preferred.
- Completion of accredited Medical Assistant school or equivalent experience required.
- Previous physician office experience preferred.
- CPR/BLS certification or willingness to become certified within 30 days of employment.
- Previous experience with EHR required.
- Ability to work evenings on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
$19.99 – $20.00 per hour
Our team members enjoy a diverse, inclusive, and rewarding work environment along with competitive pay and benefits including paid time off, health/dental/life insurance, and IRA with match.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Free parking
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- On-the-job training
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday 8am-5pm
- Tuesday 8am-5pm
- Wednesday 8am-8pm
- Thursday 8am-8pm
How to Apply:
Email your Resume, Cover Letter, and Professional References to firstname.lastname@example.org.